Friday, January 7, 2011

Getting sorted



Over the last weeks of much rain, with Mr Moo home from work and happy to entertain the children, I have been disappearing to sort things.

I have sorted out the laundry. I got my hand washing up to date and finally got around to cleaning out the craft and laundry cupboards. I found homes for the teetering piles of, I'm not sure what, that had found themselves on my laundry bench. I sorted out some boxes in the garage, some filled with papers, others with old books and some with fabric, cotton, shells and rocks! But the main room in the house in need of attention was our office. A room Mr Moo had been refusing to come in to. And I don't blame him. It was hard to find the floor and impossible to find the desk. I couldn't get anywhere near my sewing machine. But with a new bookcase moved into the room, we are well on our way to finding places for all of the paper and fabric that I seem to collect.

When the sorting out of such things as Christmas recipes, gets to much, I have come to sort out our computer too. Many files were not needed or were to be condensed. I wanted some new pictures on the desktop and have started to sort through a long list of 'bookmarked favourites'. I bookmark things, but hardly go back to them as I can't find what I am looking for, the problem, there are too many things bookedmarked! So while I have deleted many things, I have also found some wonderful things. Some things that I will share with you here. This is the first of many posts of random things that I have either found hidden in my computer or pulled from a pile of paper (torn out of magazines, newspapers, etc)

Mr Moo, wonders, if I haven't looked at something in a year, wouldn't it just be easier to delete the whole lot. Yes, a smarter person would do this. The job would be done in seconds, not weeks. But rediscovery is very fun, even if it is time consuming.

The problem with some random things is that I do not know where they have come from. This picture is one of them. But I love this picture and this space. This is exactly the kind of place I would love to retreat to with a cup of tea or a good book.

Once all of this sorting is done, of course.

2 comments:

  1. that lounge picture is so beautiful! I am so in the sorting mode too, have sorted out our storage shed that we could hardly walk into and have been doing heaps of decluttering of toys, clothes and other things- so satisfying! have made a start on my crafty space too which I am loving. don't you love january for starting afresh and getting the house in order after the craziness of christmas!
    oh and i've got a zillion bookmarks to sort too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, good on the sorting, makes for a more organised & less chaotic year. Have fun maintainging the smooth household, love Posie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...