Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just a few things....




(the photos are of two dolls I made over the weekend for the dolly drive)

• Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, to all of the people putting their hands up to make a doll for the Dolly Drive. I am overwhelmed by the support coming from around the world. Along with the people listed in my side bar, many others, without a blog, have also contacted me and are making dolls as I write. I have sent off some e-mails trying to get contacts to help distribute them. Please if you have any ideas or contacts, let me know.

• Thanks too, to the lovely ladies who have either put my button on their blog or posted about the Dolly Drive. I have been trying to thank-you personally, but I think I have missed a few. I have noticed, thanks for helping spread the word.

Jenna has sent in a great link for doll patterns. You might want to have a look. "Bit of Whimsy Dolls"

• Carol from 'naturally carol' is making cushions and aprons for the homes of flood victims and wants to know if anyone else would like to join her. Also if anyone has any ideas on how she can distribute them, please let her know.

Catherine has taken a ticket in my raffle and asked if she wins, to pass it on. Perhaps you could do the same. I can donate the cat softie to the dolly drive and cushions could be donated to Carol (see above)

• Please, please, please donate. If not here, then on one of the many other auction or raffles listed here.

•I want to welcome my new followers, Alli from 'a beautiful pea green boat' and 'handmade in a pea green boat', Sarah from 'one perfect day', Sophie from 'her library adventures', Christy from 'a Christy production', 'felt like stitchin', Al, Mary and Siti Fatimah





• And finally, I am going to resume blogging as normal. It am still watching the flood news both here and now around Australia. My heart is breaking. It just hasn't seemed right to be blogging happy thoughts in this space over the last couple of weeks. But I need to get back to some pretty pictures, recipe posts and crafting. This blog is my happy place. I will, of course, be keeping you update with the dolly drive and the raffle.

Please don't forget that the Queensland Flood Appeal Auction has started and ends at midnight on Monday 24th January. A master list of other crafty auctioneers can be found here.

AND

Don't forget my Queensland Flood Appeal Dolly Drive.
Perhaps you'd like to join us.

1 comment:

  1. Those dolls are beautiful.

    You're doing a fantastic job ... a lot of sad little people will have their hearts mended somewhat when they're given on of these handmade babies!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...