Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bric brac love


For as long as I can remember I have been collecting any kind of bric brac related to eating.

Plates of all colours and sizes, dinner sets, tea sets, teapots, coffee pots, jugs: big and small, mixing bowls, glasses of all description and for every use, platters, crystal, dessert dishes, tureens, egg cups, salt and pepper shakers, scales, lemon squeezers, serving spoons, vases, mustard pots, jam pots, espresso cups, not to mention my tablecloth collection. 

I'm not really fussy, I just buy what I like. Sometimes during my life, I have had gone crazy with buying, and at other times I didn't buy much for years. But I guess I am always looking.

I came home from a trip to Adelaide once, with a cream petal ware plate set in my hand luggage. I carefully wrapped plates and jugs from Italy and Greece in my dirty clothes while travelling. And in Morocco, a little boy was sent to get fresh hay, so his uncle could carefully pack 14 antique bowls safely for their journey back to London and later to Australia.

Today I have been rearranging (groaning) cupboards to try and fit in some of my latest finds. These are some of my favourites.

A pile of mix-matched blue and white, perfect to match in with this set (not complete) from my mum.



Everyone one in the house is loving these gelato coloured glass dessert dishes. Just $4.00.


I have lots of random green pieces and these have been added to my collection, all just $1.00 each.

What kind of things do you like to collect?

Go here, to see who else will be blogging daily for Blogtoberfest.

One more day to go:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...