Monday, October 15, 2012

More flowers please


I realised that I need to get some more flowers into my garden when I saw this gorgeous little bee trying to pollinate the purple flowers of my vintage sheet.

It broke my heart to see her go up and down an entire row of these lavender coloured flowers, (favoured by bees) never stirring as I brushed past and hung an entire second load of washing on the line.

As I placed my last peg, she gave a little buzz of frustration and flew off. Hopefully she found her way to the new blooms of our 'yesterday, today and tomorrow' bush on the other side of the house.

Are you planting any extra flowers this spring? If so which ones?

Are you trying to attract birds or bees, or do you just want some for your table centrepiece?

Go here, to see who else will be blogging daily for Blogtoberfest

Two posts in one day! Yes, making up for yesterday. I'm feeling so much better and this little bee was too cute to not share straight away. 

4 comments:

  1. I like to let my veggies got to seed which means flowers and seeds to save and then more veggies. yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More great tips! There is a seed savers club as part of my permaculture group, they meet once a month, but I haven't been able to make it to any of there meetings yet.

      xo

      Delete
  2. Poor little bee!
    Usually I just plant marigolds amongst the veggies, but this year we are trying other flowers too that attract beneficial insects.
    I have also gone daisy crazy in the garden and been planting daisy bushes of all colors. I've always wanted to grow roses but never tried, so I'll look out for when you post about your rose findings for growing in QLD.
    Cheers,
    Sarah from Jimboomba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love daisies. I might get some of those. We used to grow them in the garden of our Brisbane house (long ago):)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...