Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Road tripping



You probably thought that you had seen the last of my travel photos, I'm afraid not.

This road trip was a pretty big adventure for us. We don't usually travel much further than 2 or 3 hours to anywhere. And then, it is to see family in the same places and it is not often. So setting off for three days on the road (each way) was something new for us.

It's funny how we change our idea of what is important to us, depending on where we are in our lives.

When I was in my early twenties and getting ready to go travelling overseas, many of my family asked, Why? No one in my family had been overseas before, they just didn't understand it. They had wanted to know why I didn't want to explore Australia first. I looked at them in disbelief. With London, Paris and Rome to see, why would I want to be visiting the 'Big Banana' and taking photos of gum trees?  

Maybe it is because overseas travel is no longer an option for us (certainly not now anyway) that I am looking at Australia in a different light. I want to see new things, visit new places, I want to see something different than just of our little corner of the world. The same little corner that I have spent most of my life in. Maybe it has to do with blogging. Seeing such beautiful pictures of other peoples home towns or other people travels across Australia.

My eyes were wide open on our recent road trip. I loved observing both the similarities and the differences to the area where I live and the places that we visited. My Australian travel has been limited. I am embarrassed that I have seen so little of this beautiful country of ours.

That is what came from my recent trip. What a beautiful country that we live in. I can't wait for our next adventure, I am desperate to see more.

Time to start saving.

Road trip photos coming tomorrow.

Go here, to see who else will be blogging daily for Blogtoberfest.

2 comments:

  1. I've mainly just travelled in NSW but even then the sceneary varies so much.
    I love all the hand painted roadside fruit and orchard signs between the mountains and here.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This picture was taken just outside of Lucknow:)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...