Monday, October 8, 2012

'Under The Jacaranda'


I have fallen in love with all of the beautiful blossom trees on our recent visit to country New Souths Wales.

However, while driving through the city streets of Brisbane on Saturday, I was reminded of one of Queensland's great beauties. The Jacaranda tree, a favourite of mine, we had three large trees on the footpath of my childhood home.

I had forgotten just how beautiful Brisbane can be at this time of the year. At almost every glance you could see the magnificent purple haze from the Jacaranda's in flower.

I instantly thought of this beautiful painting, that hangs in the Queensland Art Gallery.  

Oh, to be taking tea "under the Jacaranda's!"

Go here, to see who else will be blogging daily for Blogtoberfest.

5 comments:

  1. Such a stunning tree.
    Lovely to see all your photos when you visited the area.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your photos. We had a very brief trip to Orange about 4 months ago and stumbled upon Millthorpe, quite by chance on the way. We thought it was lovely then and from your photos it would be lovely to see it in spring.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you have enjoyed my photos. I too, wonder what these towns and villages will look like in other seasons. Next time I am hoping to visit in Autumn.

      Delete
  3. There is a wonderful Art children's picture book written by a Melbourne lady I met ... there's a set of 3 in the series called "Roy & Matilda The Gallery Mice" and I am certain that the last of the 3 is about that painting Under the Jacaranda ..... when the mice go on holiday to Brisbane I think ... google it ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for telling me about this book. I have googled it and I have also just reserved it at my local library.

      We love gallery books in this house. I think that a trip to the art gallery will be a must sometime in the near future:)

      xo

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...