Thursday, October 25, 2012

Strawberries and Cream



 Spilling out of vases on the dining table.

Today I've been making strawberry jam and strawberry ice-cream with local strawberries.

As I swirled the bright red puree into the cream, making fine threads of hot pink, I thought of how much I love this colour combination.

It is all around me right now.

Favourite books.

Cloth from Sapa, Vietnam, a trip taken at exactly this time, 10 years ago.

Cheats ice-cream.

 The last lone gerbera, from a local flower farm.

Stretched fabric over a canvas.







A recent gift, brought back from the Philippines by a friend.

What is your favourite colour combination right now?

 Go here, to see who else will be blogging daily for Blogtoberfest.

2 comments:

  1. I love that colour combination and those lillies are just beautiful. I bet the strawbery jam and icecream is too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ate the strawberry jam on pikelets for afternoon tea – Yummo!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...