Friday, January 7, 2011

Have I moved to Cranford?



I have just re-read my last post and just want to apologise if it sounds like I am living in 1842. I have spent every night this week watching an episode of Cranford on DVD. Five episodes, five nights. And not long before that, I watched Emma over a couple of nights.

This happened to me when I first moved to England. Growing up in country Queensland, we did not read 'the classics' at school, so I stocked up with Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters on my arrival. Knowing no one in England, I spent my first couple of months, working in a small, out of the way pub. I spent my days working and my nights reading. My letters home to mum at this time, were very much written as if I was, Jane Austen.



The lively characters of Cranford are still chatting away in my head today. If you are addicted to costume drama like I am, you may want to watch this too. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...