Sunday, January 16, 2011

Flea market finds.....



I'm joining Sophie's 'flea market finds...' this week.

I haven't been op shopping since before Christmas, but these plates have been sitting right here, next to the computer since then. You see, I don't actually have a spot for them . I knew that at the time, and it is the reason that I don't buy plates and platters anymore. But I just had to have them. I was waiting for Mr Moo to complain about antique platters balancing on top of the printer. Then one day I came in and found a 'post it' note stuck to the pile of three plates with the soft green edge.

"These remind me of the ones on my Grandma's farm" So, it seems, that it is no problem.

As I write this and think of Grandma's, I am thinking of this photo that I saw earlier today.

I stumbled across 'the house that A-M built' blog, for the first time and was stunned by the pictures of West End...... the tears started again. All of the pictures on this blog are of places that we know so well. We lived in Brisbane for nine years. If you know it, we lived in Tarragindi and Cooparoo, worked in Woolongabba and spent all of our free time in West End.

Brisbane, so close to my heart.

Back to Sophie, please have a look at her shop, filled with cute brooches - very affordable. All proceeds from her sales in January, will be donated to the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal. Good for you Sophie!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to meet you. I've enjoyed having a poke around your place! Thinking of all you queenslanders at the moment (we lived in Tenneriffe about 6 years ago. That part of the world is close to my heart)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful plates, its so much more special when op shop finds bring back lovely sweet memories : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have been able to resist those plates either. Simply gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green leafy plates! Ahh I do love them, but like you have nowhere to put them so keep (sadly) resisting the temptations. Those ones are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...