Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'm grateful for...



Today I am grateful for my family. For my extended family, that surrounded me when I was growing up.

For my parents, for my uncles, aunts, great uncles, great aunts and my grandparents. I was so very lucky to have them all so close, when I was a child. I am grateful for the important values that they taught me, even though, at the time I did not know it. But I know it now, as I raise my children. I am constantly looking to my own childhood, back to what I saw and how they lived. Today, I am looking back, for guidance forward.

"it takes a village to raise a child" - African proverb

No, we did not live together, like the Walton's. But as families spread out and move further away from each, you can see they had the right idea. Love and support - right there. As a seventies child, I loved the Walton's. In fact, I wanted to be one of them.

Go over to 'maxabella loves' for more gratitude posts.

Please don't forget that the Queensland Flood Appeal Auction has started and ends at midnight on Monday 24th January. A master list of other crafty auctioneers can be found here.

AND

Don't forget my Queensland Flood Appeal Dolly Drive.
Perhaps you'd like to join us

2 comments:

  1. I never had extended family, as my father was left a single child after losing a sibling to polio & his parents couldn't bring themselves to have more children, & my mummy was from England, so we only saw her side of the family every 2nd Christmas when we went to Europe. I think that is why my parents had a big family as NOW . . . with 14 grandchildren, the next generation has extended family to the max, i love it!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a child we didn't have extended family around and I just KNEW we were missing out. Now I am a Mum I am grateful that my children are cared for and loved by family all over the place. It's the best way to grow up!! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...