Saturday, January 15, 2011

Many helping hands



Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you Eva Mei and Me , Jennadesigns and Elliboo for offering your help for the Dolly Drive so quickly. And for helping to spread the word. Please join them.

It seems great minds think a like, at almost the same time Steph, too, has posted about her Hope Softies - softie collection. She is in Brisbane and will be distributing dolls/toys there. Along with already speaking to Steph in Brisbane, I have also had contacts for possibly distributing collected dolls to either Toowoomba or the Lockyer Valley. But it's early days - let just get sewing.

I have organised a dolly crafting bee with my own craft group, perhaps you could do the same. I know this is a busy time of year, some people are still enjoying holidays and soon it will be back to school and back to work. By making just one doll or soft toy can make a tremendous difference to a small child.

I'm sorry, I have just been to numb to write here of late. Where do you find the words. You can read some heart felt posts by bloggers who are in Brisbane and in Queensland, here, here, here and here.

And some lovely people have put together some fantastic lists of ways we can help. Please go here, here or here to read them.

Please read this post by the amazing Corrie at retro mummy. If you are a quilter please contact her and start sewing. I love, love, love her heartwarming idea of supplying quilts for people rebuilding here homes.

Yesterday I could not turn on the TV to watch anymore of this devastation. As you see, I came on line instead.

In Brisbane and Queensland the long process of cleaning up has begun. However in other states it seems like it might just be beginning. I am thinking of these people too. Please stay safe, wherever you are.

Rain, rain go away!

Please don't forget that the Queensland Flood Appeal Auction starts here on Monday 17th January. A master list of other crafty auctioneers can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't get a chance to comment yesterday, but I posted a link to you on my blog, and will try and rustle up a dolly or two myself also. Thanks for organising this, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...