Thursday, January 20, 2011

When it rains - I cook

The week before the floods hit Brisbane, we were doing a lot of cooking at our house. It was unrelenting rain, so there was not much else to do. I was just clearing my camera and thought I would show you some pictures, even if it was two weeks ago.



We made baked doughnuts using this recipe. Yum. Yum. Yum!



We drunk hot chocolate, yes some days were actually cold!



I'm trying to stop cooking and eating so much pasta this year. One night we ate grilled salmon and pasta salad. OK, this is still pasta, but at least in came in a different guise. It was cold. It was salad.





Another night I cooked Filipino food. Chicken and rice porridge (Arroz Caldo), pork braised in sweet vinegar soy (Humba), braised greens and jasmine rice. So yummy on a cold, rainy night.





Nanny came over to our place and made a pavlova. Spunky Monkey was her little helper.



There were days of popcorn and the Fantastic Mr Fox. Many days in fact.



We even went out for breakfast during a thunderstorm!

Please don't forget that the Queensland Flood Appeal Auction has started and ends at midnight on Monday 24th January. A master list of other crafty auctioneers can be found here.

AND

Don't forget my Queensland Flood Appeal Dolly Drive.
Perhaps you'd like to join us.

3 comments:

  1. Those food sure does look delicious^_^, I better prepare some Asian for myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We cook in the rain too, great activity!! I also have children running around in knickers all day in school holidays, i wonder if they'll ever grow out of it, our eldest is in high school!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. All looks delicious. I love your stoneware too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...