Sunday, March 13, 2011

Flea market finds...



Last Sunday, I spent a few lovely hours wandering around an antique fair with my mother-in-law. It was a happy diversion from a busy week. It was really nice looking at everything together and hearing stories of things that she remembered from her childhood.

Unfortunately their were no ATM facilities at the grounds were it was held.



I only had enough money for a cappuccino, a piece of date and ginger cake and some vintage buttons.

The rest I have to dream about.

Oh, lovely linens, Clarice Cliff breakfast set and Carlton Ware salad plates. How sad that I had to leave you behind.

Go here, to see what other treasures have been found this week.

8 comments:

  1. I really like the little apple buttons. I'm an apple collector and found those to be adorable. I have a lovely red sweater with little beige apple buttons on it. I love it. Thanks for sharing your button-tastic finds! I would have been heartbroke too, to have fallen upon wonderful finds and no ATM in sight. That is a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. some very cute buttons and sounds like a nice time regardless of there being no atm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those big metal coloured buttons..so unusual! Sounds like you had a great time with your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. buttons and ginger cake? i think you found the better end of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I had some of those apple buttons when I was a kid... they might even be around somewhere in my or my mother's sewing boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable apple buttons! And cake too, can't be all bad...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous buttons all the same ... better luck next time.

    My Flea Market Find

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're speaking my language. Especially the buttons and coffee (in no particular order). Lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...