Saturday, March 5, 2011

I'm grateful for...



Today, I am grateful for my Mum.

I know, it is a little bit of a cliche. Which is why I haven't written about this before now.

So many times I have wanted to just say a BIG THANK-YOU to my Mum. For always being there.

Because often, I just forget to say it.

At the moment Mum is on the other side of the world, By day two, I realised how very much I rely on her. I am missing our two plus a day, phones calls. I can always find her at the other end of the phone to tell good news, bad news, funny news, my bright ideas, my hopes, my dreams, things that are frustrating me, things that I are worrying me and to ask for good old fashioned Mum advice.

I do not take this for granted. I know how incredibly lucky I am to have this special bond.

So Mum, if you are in Spain reading this.

"Te amo mama"

Go over to 'maxabella loves' for more gratitude posts.

6 comments:

  1. No cliche, mums are aces!! My mummy just got back from overseas, so we're lucky enough to have a huge pile of goodies waiting for us next time we trip to Sydney (no point posting them to us when we're going in 3 weeks). I've never relied on my mummy, i'm the last born & was very much raised to be independent so they could travel (non stop for the past 20 years, they started when i was still in school). We're very close, just not a phone-a-day or babysitting kind of relationship, but lots of i-love-yous & non stop chat when we visit them. So hard now with Alzheimers, that sucks, it's taking her away from all of us. So enjoy your lovely mummy, wishing her a fantastic trip, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE my mum and she's leaving again in a couple of weeks and I get teary just thinking about it. I hope she has a brilliant time though, after spending so many years raising us she deserves every adventure and moment of joy she can get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post - Mum's are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just so gorgeous. You are a very lucky kid. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post. I love my mum and I know how blessed I am to have her so close - she's away this weekend and I miss her!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...