Saturday, March 19, 2011

Queensland Flood Appeal Dolly Drive



These beautiful softies are from Melissa. I love these two little cuties. Gorgeous fabrics and adorable stitched faces. Thank -you Melissa.

Yesterday was the official close date for the Queensland Flood Appeal Dolly Drive.

Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you.

To date, I have received 40 dolls/softies, with a few more on the way. WOW!

I guess it's a small gesture in the grand scale of the disasters that have affected both Australia and the world. But, if I was one of those families, trying to rebuild a home and a life, I think that a small handmade gift from a stranger, would warm my heart no end.

Thank-you to all of the beautiful woman who donated their amazing softies to this Dolly Drive. Thank-you also to the people who helped spread the word through their blogs.

So where are they going?

• 10 softies are being sent to Theodore. A lovely local lady will be distributing the dolls to children in need. Thank-you Carol for all of your help in organising this.

• 25 softies will be going to the lovely ladies at the Toowoomba C.W.A. Many people have not returned to their homes, some houses may need to be demolished. So the C.W.A will be storing the dolls with other household items. They will be distributed throughout areas in the Lockyer Valley, when they are needed.

• The remaining 5 and any others that arrive, it could be 3 more, it could be 10. I would like to send to Northern Queensland and to the areas affected by Cyclone Yasi.

So if you are still making a doll/softie, or still want to, please contact me via e-mail to let me know. I don't have any contacts in North Queensland yet, as I was waiting to see how many dolls I received. If anyone has any contacts up that way, please let me know.

I will continue to keep you updated, I'm enjoying sharing this journey with you.

In fact, I have a few cute dolls sitting on my desk, patiently waiting to get their photo taken.

Watch this space!

7 comments:

  1. Thank YOU ! for organising this, im certain all these little dollies and critters will warm hearts and bring smiles to the little people affected by disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOUNDS LIKE IT HAS ALL COME TOGETHER NICELY, THERE ARE SOME CHILDREN OUT THERE THAT WILL SOON HAVE THE BIGGEST SMILES ON THIER LITTLE FACES! WELL DONE TO ALL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh I am making one but i have got a bit behind - I should have it done and to you by the end of next week - hope tht is not too late

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen one that I don't just fall in love with..and want myself..my grown up self, mind you..so I think the kids will absolutely love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats from all of us over at Dolly Donations!!! We think you're the best Jakie!!

    http://dollydonations.blogspot.com/2011/03/queensland-flood-appeal-dolly-drive.html

    hugs Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jackie, I am really thankful for the opportunity you have given - it has been a privilege and a blessing. May all the softies bring comfort and happiness to little ones who have lost so much.
    Bless you!
    Val xx Oxfordshire UK

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...