Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Secret blooms



This morning as a walked past the lounge room window, a small pink camellia flower caught my eye. It was hanging low, almost unnoticed. I went out for a closer look and found some more new buds hiding at the back of the plant, against the fence. I must remember to keep and eye out for them. When they open, I will pick them and put them beside my bed.

It had been a while since I had been out in the garden. I went for a wander and made some lovely discoveries, all hidden deep in between the dark green foliage.



Yes, that is a baby pineapple.



Bright orange heliconias, lost in a sea of green leaves



I needed to peel back the layers of a mock orange to find these beauties.



One single 'yesterday, today and tomorrow' flower, at the bottom of the bush.



New basil, found far from the vegetable patch.

And sadly, a beautiful coral coloured torch ginger that had been missed. Discovered today, when it was too late.

Secret blooms, butterflies and dragon flies.

What's hiding at the bottom of your garden today?

3 comments:

  1. I love your pineapple the most!
    You've reminded me that I'd better go and weed around our camellia hedge so that everything's spic and span for when they burst into bloom.

    Yesterday I found a golden dragonfly on our driveway.
    He'd just expired so before the ants could decimate him I squirreled him to a special ledge near my desk and there he'll stay delicately poised to take flight.

    Autumn and spring, my two favourite seasons of the year when little treasures abound.

    xx Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your garden treasures, especially the baby pineapple! At the bottom of my garden..a very old and large mango tree, a coffee bush, a pawpaw tree..leaf litter and dog poo! (sorry..you asked)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous gorgeous garden you have - ENVY!!! Loving the pineapple.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...