Friday, March 4, 2011

We should listen to Lady Ga Ga



I must have music with dinner.

Every night Miss Moo Moo will ask me the name of who is singing. I tell her the artists name, as if she is a friend, someone we know. Sarah, Katie, Melody, Diana, Ella.

Last night I was playing a compilation CD and when she asked me, I could not remember the singers name. Spunky Monkey piped up and said, "it is Lady Ga Ga"

I couldn't believe it. We don't listen to, or watch, main stream music in our house. How did he know who Lady Ga Ga was? He then went on to tell me that the girls at school had been telling him all about Lady Ga Ga and her music.

To me, this was just another small reminder that my son is venturing out in to a bigger world now. A world where others will help to choose his path. I was told by his Kindergarten teacher a couple of years ago. "By six, you will have lost him" I have never forgotten her words. They seem very real now, as he looks to his father as his main role model. All I can do is just love him to death and be there to guide him.

Yes, guide him to be a lover of folk and jazz!

The image above, of the beautiful Melody Gardot, is from here. I know who I'd rather be listening too.

4 comments:

  1. aaah! six is way too soon! this makes me sad... i am keeping mine home forever. that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Others may influence him, sway his opinions..but you will always have him..'cos he's always going to be your son and you will always be 'mum'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You haven't lost him you are just sharing him. Believe me I have two teenage boys and they still are my treasures and they still turn to me when they need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI ,
    Loved your blog and am adding it to my list of reads.....loved the way that you address your kids here... awesome blog and you are a very true MOM....and indeed a very good HUMAN BEING.
    LOve Ash.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...