Thursday, March 31, 2011

A whole lot of hoopla



I have finished a few embroideries and simply hung them in their hoops on the wall. The 'peacock garden' above is from Kristen Doran. It was my first attempt of embroidery and I was hooked. I actually did this one months ago and it's been waiting for me to work out what to do with it. Rather than have it sitting in the cupboard, I put it back into the hoop and blue-tacked it to the wall.



This is my finished 'teepee girl' She has been packed up with the rest of the Christmas decorations



This is my finished vintage girl. She now hangs in our playroom.



This is my finished birthday artwork. Miss Moo Moo's picture that she drew for her brother's sixth birthday.



And here is what my creative space is looking like this week. I love this idea that I saw on 'mousehouse' a few weeks ago.

If you want to see some more creative spaces, go over to kootoyoo and be inspired.

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love your work SO much.
    The vintage girl and the overlapping hand prints are truly special.

    I have an empty hoop that's been sitting on my inspiration board for ages [pop on over to my place today to see it] waiting for the 'right' project to do. You've given me so many ideas - thank you!

    xx Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embroidery is so beautiful and neat. It's an inspiration to someone like me, who has only dabbled in basic and tiny bits of embroidery. It's just so lovely. And I especially love embroidering your child's artwork..fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, haven't you been busy, I love the peacock garden...actually I love them all. Who's hands are they? When I master this Crocheting thing I must try Embroidery... Take Care XO :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all, but especially the vintage girl. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love what you have done, the vintage girl is so lovely, the combination of linen and that blue green works really well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love ,love the Peacock garden... who'd have thought ...from someone who had trouble sewing on a button....?? xxxxx Your Mum.... I am very proud of your achievements. especially the dolly drive.... you have inherited a beautiful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness, so much stitched loveliness all in one post! That little vintage girl is my favourite, she is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all so different but equally effective in their own right. A unique collection of work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...