Saturday, March 12, 2011

I'm grateful for...



Today, I'm grateful for these amazing woman.

Zoe, Jen, Treann, Alison, Val, Megan, Karen, Heather, Lindsey, Crafty Mermaid, Elsa, Megan, Jan, Melissa, Jane, Tat, Ceila, Roslyn, Karen, Rachel, Fran, Isabelle, Vanessa, Amanda, Mary Jo and Prue.

How could I not be? These beautiful women have donated time and materials to make such gorgeous soft toys for children who have lost everything during the Queensland floods in January.

I am overwhelmed by their generosity. Thank-you, Thank-you.

I chose to do my Dolly Drive for Queensland, because it was very close to home. But my heart is with all of the families and children who have suffered through natural disasters this year. Floods, fires, cyclones, earthquakes and tsunamis, both throughout Australia and the world.

My thoughts and best wishes are with the people of Japan today. So much devastation and lives lost. Truly heartbreaking.

The names of the women above, are the makers of the dolls, I have already received. Actually a few are still on they way (but I've seen pictures!)

Go over to 'maxabella loves' for more gratitude posts.

11 comments:

  1. what a lovely box of softies :) my best friend lives in japan- luckily she is okay but it is still very scary for her and her family. crazy world lately isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you girls are AMAZING!
    I love the blog community & it's generous spirit.

    keep on creating ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your collection of lovely softies is looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely collection and a thought filled thing for you to do as well. Congratulations to all x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have adored watching this collection grow and seeing them all together is so heart warming. You are all amazingly generous women and I am grateful that you there. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful collection! They are all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post and great softies from generous crafters , good on you all !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for organising this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To echo Tat's comment. Thanks for organising this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely collection and lovely ladies to make them too.
    I would love you to link up this post to my Wonderful Woman blog hop over at http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for linking up to my blog hop at http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com
    Women tend to put themselves down despite the fact that usually they are sorting the world out

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...